Sunday, October 18, 2015

Day Three: Day Two Results & Thoughts

DAY TWO: Results

My sleep was disturbed somewhat last night and the pain returned to my lower/back and hip. I assume this is due to the detox cold/flu systems I felt yesterday and the decrease in pain tolerance. I did have an increase in the trips to the bathroom yesterday as well and a small stomach upset, but a small glass of milk seemed to help calm that partially and more water.

I stepped on the scale this morning and am down an additional 3.6 lbs from yesterday. I want to say "This is impossible", but I am weighing the same time daily, under the same circumstances, on the same scale in the same place. I weigh before I eat or go to the bathroom, so assuming I've been consuming the approximately the same foods & liquids it appears to be accurate. At this point I am still a tad skeptical, but hopeful for continued results even after this 10 day detox is over.

I am currently down a total of 5.2 lbs from day one and my husband says he is down close that as well, showing another 2 or so pounds less this morning for him. Since he's not keeping a spreadsheet he always gives approximates, but I have his starting weight and will know his ending weight so the ten day results will be more accurate for him than the ones in between.

DAY THREE: Starting Thoughts

I can't say that I'm not frustrated, simply because my own poor choices led me to the point where I am obese now. I was a slim child, that is until puberty hit at 12, between puberty a genetic pool of obesity, big butts and wide hips and a lifetime of pool habits instilled in me from an early age and poor choices, even when I knew better has brought me to this road. Now I am paying the price.

Until this point in my life, I've been overweight to obese since about 12 years old, had five pregnancies which shot me over 200 pounds each time (minus a miscarriage), and back down to 135-150 afterwards including four live births. For a person who stands between 5'4" and 5'5" tall at any given point that's not the best way to go about it, but I didn't know then what I do now. Not to mention that even "knowing" what I do now between a degree, school work and friends who are nutritionists and doctors, it is MUCH easier said than done to make healthy choices.

Right now my body is in detox mode, which means all that excess crap that I keep on me is flushing itself out. What happens when toxins release into your system? You quite often feel like crap and need to add additional water to help flush your system. This happens with anything from chiropractic care which can release toxins to dietary changes.

So I currently feel like I have a cold/the flu and am working towards adding water on top of the 100+ ounces a day to attempt to flush it out faster. My mental clarity is improved this morning and my energy is slightly higher than last night after work, but work today is stressful which will add more toxicity to my body via natural chemicals that occur when a person is overly stressed out.

I am still not comfortable reviewing the product until I see the ten day results AND I stop taking it and see if the results keep and if the carbohydrate/sugar cravings return in it's absence.

In the meantime I am tempted on my days off to post healthy advice I took away from my health & wellness classes on the way to the degree I currently hold. However, time will tell if I have time to do that since my days off will be food prep days right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment